If you've been following my blog then you know I've been working on a short film, Angel, for far too long now! What I assumed would only take a couple months is nearing a year. Thankfully, I've reached Picture Lock and the score is now being worked on!
EDIT: Angel is now online! Watch it here.
Fun Facts About the Film!
1. This is my first time experimenting with a love story. No worries though! It's not a complete Chick-flick and it has a lot of VFX!
2. 44 VFX shots to be exact, which is the highest number of VFX shots I've ever had on a single project.
3. The cast and crew consisted of only 3 people—my 2 actors and I. While it was a great experience to work with such limitations, I wouldn't recommend doing that on a regular basis.
4. We had the cops called on us during filming because the locals assumed we were doing a different kind of love movie. I'll leave it at that...
5. The genre is Fantasy.
7. The film was shot with the Canon t2i, using mainly Rokinon Cine lenses. The editing was done in Premiere, the VFX in HitFilm, and color grading in Magic Bullet Looks.
8. Every shot in the film is handheld, even a couple "jib" shots! Thank you, Warp Stabilizer!
9. One shoot day was spent filming popcorn in front of a green screen. I ate most of the props that day!
10. "Angel" might surprise you (wink wink).
Now, look at some screenshots!
Really looking forward to this being done. Not only do I want to show you guys the film, but the fact that there are so many tutorial opportunities in this short is also a huge bonus! So, look forward to "Angel" in a theater near you—and by theater I mean here.